Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A day (-ish) in my life

Morning-ish (I sleep late, remember?):
I woke up and remembered it was my first day off in SEVEN days (YAY!), grabbed my morning can of diet coke and my breakfast bar, and headed to the computer for a leisurely hour of online window shopping. I admit, I have a problem with shoes. And purses. Not that kind of problem. Problem as in I would rather have a pair of Christian Louboutins than, say, eat dinner for a month problem. I'll have to mention that to One Day Husband. ("Sorry, honey. Tonight we are going to sit in front of the fire and look at my shoes instead of chowing down on chicken and potatoes. And that's what we're going to do tomorrow night too. All the way until October. It'll be great!") Christian Louboutin and I are actually in love. These are his new (ok, new-ISH) limited edition Marie Antoinette heels. And I MUST have them. (You know, with that spare $6000 I found yesterday in my winter coat and couch cushions.):
Sometime after my shoe lust had waned (a TEENSEY bit):
I shopped and ate, and ate and shopped, and then I realized...I hadn't checked my phone since yesterday! "Maybe someone will have sent me a fun message!" I thought. As it turns out, I had several messages, but none of them were fun. Apparently, I thought it would be a good idea to completely forget about (and hence sleep through) my weekly conference call. You know, the same call that has happened EVERY WEEK at the SAME TIME for THREE YEARS. And so...I began to hyperventilate. When I could breathe normally again, I called my RM and it turns wasn't a huge deal. Thanks. They could have told me that in one of those texts I checked before I went into major-panic-so-hard-I-need-a-nap-afterwards mode.
Late Morning-ish:
I am still (--insert sneaky happy face--) online window shopping when I hear Mocha playing. "How cute," I think. "I shall play too!" Turns out, Mocha was trying to wrestle with my ankle brace. Not a toy Mocha. Good imagination though.
Early afternoon-ish:
I go for a run. 3 miles! Yay me!
Late in the early afternoon-ish:
I get out of the shower, put on a robe, and realize it is going to take me 13 hours to dry my hair.
4 days later:
My hair is dry.
1 minute later:
I realize my hair looks like something from the Addams family.25 minutes after that:
My hair is saved by my Chi (Ok, and Mother. Oh c'mon! The back parts are hard to reach!).
3 minutes after that:
I put on my jeans. (Don't worry, I am going somewhere with this one.) I know exactly which shirt I want to wear. I look in my closet. Nope. Dirty clothes? No. Clean clothes on my couch? NO. Random pile of clothes I STILL haven't folded from my vacation? NOT THERE. At this point you'd think...she's going to pick another shirt! You'd be wrong. Now it's personal. Between me and the shirt. I WILL find this shirt, and I WILL wear it; I don't care how long it takes.
49 minutes later:
I win. Take that, shirt! (Imagine how I am at board games.)
Early evening-ish:
I get my toes done! This is possibly one of the ONLY financial splurges I ever make (unfortunately, buying $1000 shoes only happens in my head). But seriously, it feels amazing. Am I right?So yeah, that's how my life generally goes every day. Eat, shop, lust after shoes, panic, write, shop, fight with my hair, fight with my clothes, shop, eat (insert "work" in between fight with clothes and shop on a non off day). I didn't say it was exciting; it's just my life. And I can't wait for it to all happen again tomorrow.
Except tomorrow...PROJECT RUNWAY IS BACK!! woo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment